Asian Studies (Minor)
Have you always wanted to learn more about Asia and Asian cultures? If you enjoy interdisciplinary studies and want to know more about the Asian world, then consider a minor in Asian studies from Creighton University.
As an Asian studies minor, you’ll gain a broad understanding of Asian cultures and an awareness of the important events happening in the Asian world. Furthermore, you’ll develop a solid foundation in philosophy, religion, history and political science for further study in this field.
Students who minor in Asian studies are able to understand Asia and its people and thereby become more culturally aware professionals, such as medical practitioners, lawyers, teachers and international business negotiators.
- An understanding of Asian cultures
- The importance of current and historic events in the Asian world
- Elements of philosophy, religion, history and political science
- A student may not declare a minor until he or she has been accepted into a major. Students declare minors with the minor declaration form.
- Eighteen credits of coursework are required to complete a minor. Students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.00 in courses toward the minor.