Communication Studies (Certificate)
Creighton’s Certificate in communication studies will immerse you in the study of one of today’s leading fields. You will explore how people and organizations construct messages and create meaning.
- You can attend communication courses during the day, evening—or both—to fit your busy life.
- Creighton’s communication studies program is home to an internationally recognized debate and forensics program, and you will work with recognized faculty experts.
- You’ll receive a highly respected certificate awarded by Creighton, an institution with a 130-year history of academic excellence.
Unlike traditional academic programs, this program has no general core curriculum requirements. That means you will have be able to focus intensively on a single area of study while completing your studies in the time frame that works for you.
You also have the option of completing the certificate through accelerated 8-week terms. Learn more at the College of Professional Studies.
Solid communication skills are one of the best predictors of high-level success, according to a recent poll by Peter Hart Research Associates. Communication skills are also highly transferable among various careers. You’ll gain skills you can use throughout your career, no matter what kind of work you do.
- Identify ways in which others attempt to persuade
- Assess the cultures of groups and subgroups
- Understand relationship development and decay
- Analyze situations to determine the consequences of communication
- Apply their skills to a wide range of careers