Environmental Science (BSEVS)
Other Programs Available
If you are interested in environmental issues and enjoy the natural and physical sciences, a Bachelor of Science in environmental science (BSEVS) might be for you. You’ll explore physical and social sciences through scientific inquiry. Creighton University’s BSEVS program provides multidisciplinary science training to prepare you for employment in an environmental science career or for graduate and professional school.
You can also choose a track within the degree to customize your experience. Choose to learn more about the policy aspects of our relationship with the environment, delve deep into the study of ecology, or cultivate a global perspective on today’s environmental issues.
A minor in environmental science is especially designed for students interested in careers within environmental education, environmental law or environmental monitoring and regulation.
Recent environmental science graduates from Creighton have found positions with organizations involved with:
- Environmental impact assessment
- Air-sea interactions
- Climate change
- Atmospheric and landscape remote sensing
- Governmental agencies
- Environmental consulting firms
- Environmental affairs businesses
Recent graduates have also gone on to graduate and professional study in law, public planning, public policy, environmental health and medicine.
- Environmental Policy and Society Track
- Global and Environmental Systems Track
- Organismal/Population Ecology Track
- An understanding of ecological and climatological issues
- An appreciation for the biological aspects of the environment
- Historical, political and sociological aspects of environmental issues